Friday, July 20, 2012

My first post...

I suppose every new blog has to have "the first post"; so here's mine.

I do like to travel and friends ask me for my tips and suggestions on the places my DH and I have visited.  Will share those in the (future) travel section.

I started making cards (under serious adult supervision of the best Stampin' Up demonstrator, Kathy Morgan) about three years ago and am continuing to grow and learn.  Will be dipping into altering projects along this creative journey and will share what I've learned (good, bad, and ugly) in the (future) crafting section.

I have sewed in the past and am working on getting back into that; I also want to begin quilting.  I promise to share in the (future) fabric section.

And, when it's not 100 degrees, I love to cook and bake.  Now that I'm not working, I will be starting a sourdough starter and playing with that.  With just a spousal unit, we don't need all the results of the baking -- so we share with a couple of favorite restaurants.  Will share our local favorites in the (future) New Mexico section.

This blog is a work in progress -- heck, I'm a work in progress.  I've kept the format pretty simple to start and will add and configure things as I go.  I'll be working up some "CraftyTravelFrog Blog rules" to help me govern myself and how the blog is presented.  That will be in a future posting and saved as a document somewhere on the blog (as soon as I can figure out how to do that).


Be patient with me -- I'm learning this stuff as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment