Friday, July 20, 2012

CraftyTravelFrog Blog Rules, version 1

One has to have some rules at the beginning -- otherwise, one ends up making up rules on the fly and confusing everyone (at the least).

Rules are not (as far as CTF is concerned) cast in concrete.  Something that sounds like a good idea turns out to be not so good.  Something that didn't seem like it would be a big deal, turns out to be one.

  1. Keep it respectful, readable, and clean -- My posts and your comments.  I am a grammar and spelling freak (so, of course, something of mine will end up being spelled incorrectly or ungrammatical). 
  2. Keep it on topic -- nothing too personal -- My posts .  That's not what this blog is about.  I'm not planning on sharing every aspect of my life; just those things that might be useful to others.
  3. Keep it honest -- My posts.  I will say if we didn't have a good experience somewhere but will do my best to provide the context and allow that maybe that (event, person, store) wasn't having their best day.  See rule #1.
  4. Keep it accurate.  To the best of my ability, all links will work and be current.  I won't link to something I haven't tried, visited, or used.
    1. That might mean I haven't necessarily ordered a product from a site but have enjoyed their videos or blogs.  See rule # 3.
  5. Keep things safe.   I will not identify when I am on travel.  Trip reports will be posted after we are back home.  I'm sure you can understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment